Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Reggae for Bob Dylan fans



I am really curious .......what do Bob Dylan fans think of reggae music....?

This tribute album I came across features some of Bob Dylan's most loved songs ("Lay Lady Lay", "Mr. Tambourine Man", "Subterranean Blues", "Knocking on heavens door"...) performed by an all star line up of great reggae artists such as Beres Hammond, Gregory Issacs, Luciano and Sizzla. I dont know much about Bob Dylan but my overall impression from listening to this album is that he is a very talented song writer.

Speaking from a reggae lover's perspective, I have to say that the reggae versions of Bob's songs are better than the original. The reggae beats and melodies really improve upon his already great lyrics and just make the songs more expressive and filled with emotion to me.... I added my favorite song from this album below. Take a listen and tell me what you think......

Does reggae work with Bob Dylan's music?

1 comment:

  1. I am definitely with you on the fact that reggae covers sound better than the originals most of the time. Its the vibe...the riddim...THis is one of my all time favorite covers though.
    Kaya

    ReplyDelete