Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2009

2009 was fine.......

As the year comes to a close, I want to take this time to thank everyone who reads my blog. I have always felt like I have nothing to say.....like there is nothing of myself to share because I'm so plain. Just ordinary, the one who always fades into the shadows, the one who no one will remember.

I lived my life just fulfilling the status quo. My one resolution for 2009 was to break free from the life I had created for myself thus far and start living the live I wanted to live. I wanted to become a better person and live life just for me and not for anyone else. I wanted to wake up everyday and not worry about what the future holds for me and to not be afraid of whatever failures may come my way.....

I'm happy to say that I feel that I have achieved what I set out to do for myself this year. I spent the year getting to know me all over again, loving myself, trusting myself, believing in myself and most importantly forgiving myself. I feels wonderful to know that I challenged myself this year and that I am ending the year with a sense of accomplishment. With confidence that I am stronger, more resilient and more faithful than I ever let myself believe before.

I close the year with a sense of belonging. I have finally found my place in my relationships with friends and family. I know who I am and I can clearly see myself becoming the person I want to be.

I started this blog to share my love of reggae music and share all the lessons I learn in life. I hoped that people would enjoy the positive message in the music I share here, would find something to think about in the tidbits I post here on life lessons and I hoped to give advice and get advice and opinions on the stuff I post about relationships. Most importantly I wanted to prove to myself that I had a voice, that I had something worth reading to post, that there are things I have to share with the world.

I have done just that this year, and I hope to continue doing the same next year.I will try to open up more and share bits and pieces here and there as I continue on my journey of becoming a better person in the years to come.....

1 comment:

  1. Hi J'canRocker Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog posts. Totally appreciated it. It's very clear you love music and that's a wonderful thing. I love this post because it's one where you decided to make changes in your life and you seem to be on the right path... It's a great moment when one starts living life as opposed to just existing, believe me, we've all been there at one time or another... Good for you! keep on blogging.

    ReplyDelete