Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Talking the talk but not walking the walk.......

So I think that I give very good advice about love, life and relationships in general. The problem seems to be that I never follow my own advice. I wish I knew the reason for this. Here’s my mini list of things I tell people all the time but struggle to live by myself……

Life

· Go back to school and get a better degree than the one you have at the moment.
· Never procrastinate. You can never get back precious time lost.
· Don’t worry so much about all the things in life that you can’t change. Just go out there and change what you can one step at a time.
· Spend way less time calculating all the odds and take a gamble every now and then.

Love

· To love deeply is to trust your significant other completely.
· If she/he is not into you just let it go, ladies I highly recommend you read “He Is Just Not That Into You”. It is really great book so please listen to what the authors say, they know what they are talking about.

Friendships
Friendships should be more about quality than quantity. The ones that always bring the drama, whine about everything and are always broke can go.
· It is not always about who is wrong or right. No fight is worth losing a good friend over.
Pretty simple stuff……..right? Basically I talk the talk but I need to start walking the walk too. I’m trying to find out the reason why it is just so difficult to follow my own advice. Can anyone else relate to this?

This is my first blog post. Hello all you out there in cyber-world. Hope I don’t bore you all to death. Please feel free to comment on my posts……………

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to this also. But my thing is that i don't practice what I preach. Well not all the time at least. I too give good advice but i don't follow some of them, and I think that it would greatly benefit me if I did. These advices that you have posted are really good, it would be nice of you to post more. Good job for a first timer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kinds of advice you give that you dont follow yourself?

    ReplyDelete